Monday, May 4, 2015

5 Must read books for parents with kiddos on the spectrum

I have compiled 5 must read books for parents with children on the spectrum. I enjoy a good laugh and some of these you may not like , but I love hearing and seeing people living "normal" lives when they have special needs kiddo's. We try hard to not treat our children different even though they are unique. It's nice to know you are not alone on this journey and that so many people now and before have walked the same path. I hope you enjoy this and maybe even read one or two of them.

1. Ten thing's every child with Autism wishes you knew by Ellen Notbohm - Excellent book full of great advice and really gives you an understanding of how ASD really is for our children.

2. The reason I jump - Naoki Higashida & David Mitchell
Nothing is better than a ASD child giving you a glimpse inside their mind

3. I wish I were engulfed in flames - Jeni Decker
Hilarious book , raw and real and so worth reading

4. Elephant in the playroom - Denise Brodey

5. Chicken soup for the soul Raising kids on the spectrum - I am still reading this one hopefully it will be a good one.


I hope ya'll decide to pick one of these up , you're local library is a great resource and free at that what more could you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment